Domestic Violence Program
Designed to Foster Healthy Relationships
Certified by the Virginia Batterer Intervention Program Certification Board
We are very proud to be one of the first in Hampton Roads to be Certified.
The mission of Batterer Intervention Programs in Virginia is to aid in the elimination of domestic violence by providing services to batterers, promote safety and justice for victims of domestic violence, and affect social change leading to cultural values that prohibit rather than support abuse within intimate relationships.
Participants must call in advance to schedule a Domestic Violence/Anger Management Assessment-Evaluation.
- We offer separate groups for males and females.
The goal of this Program is to help end domestic violence and abuse. We educate clients on how to build, have and what the benefits are of a healthy relationship.
Our Curriculum includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Identification of all forms of physical, emotional, economic, sexual and verbal abuse and violence.
- Impact of domestic violence on the victim and the abuser.
- Impact of domestic violence on children including, children who are abused and children who witness domestic violence.
- Emphasis on the responsibility of the batterer for his/her violence and abuse.
- Identification of personal, societal, and cultural values and beliefs that legitimize and sustain violence and oppression.
- Alternatives to violent and controlling behaviors.
- Identification of healthy relationships.
- Promotion of accountability, self-examination, negotiation, and fairness.
- Examination of the relationships between substance abuse, mental illness and domestic violence.
- Identification of the behavioral, emotional, and physical cues that precede escalating anger.